I Forge Iron

Anvil Value

New to this equipment, purchased a peddinghaus anvil with peddinghaus base assembly. The anvil has not had any hot work on it and actually still has the original paint on it in most areas. Not sure if it was ever use other than some small garage work. Anyway being not very familiar with anvils, I have a party who is interested in this. Reaching out to the blacksmithing world to see if anyone can give me an idea of the value. The anvil measures 5.5 inches wide, and 25" total length. I do not know what it weighs, but is is freakin heavy. My guess would be close to 200lbs. Any help would be appreciated.

According to their web site this anvil is out of production as of Jan. 2006. The weight is in KG, putting this anvil at 220lbs. nice looking anvil, I would enjoy having it. In that condition and with the stand you should get a good price for it. I'll let folks closer to your area help with that as I'm in East TEXAS and prices are much different here.

Thanks for all the help. After reading so much on these it almost sounds like fun to mess with blacksmithing. Too many other hobbies though, so probably not. Actually, glad I took this step, the party I had was not willing to pay anything but scrap price, so it will most likely go on ebay.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the help. After reading so much on these it almost sounds like fun to mess with blacksmithing. Too many other hobbies though, so probably not. Actually, glad I took this step, the party I had was not willing to pay anything but scrap price, so it will most likely go on ebay.

Thanks again.

You will get the best price from eBay for sure!! especially if you will offer to ship, of course with the buyer paying shipping and crating. Also, in my post I mentioned that this anvil has been discontinued, if mine I would mention this in the posting. Good luck!