I Forge Iron

Crucified

As I still have so much to learn about the blacksmith craft, I usually do not respond on a request for a critique but, when I saw this I was touched. What an awsome piece. Great job. I can only hope that someday I will be capable of work this nice.
Jerry

Marek

In my innermost awareness I cannot find any aspect of your creation to criticize.

Instead; words that come to my mind would only be founded by appreciation of your skills, your ability to express, and the content of what your subject represents.

In fact, I believe it would be a tragedy if you did not continue to following your path of blacksmithing skills in order to be able to express your inherent gift of artistic interpretation.

I wish you the very best!
Ted Throckmorton

Thank you very much, you are all encouraging. Bigfootnampa you are right about the arms. When i am making a human shape i split a bar into three sections for head and arms and always struggle with not enough material for arms to be big enough. Next time i have to try a different approach.
God bless you all.

I guess if I spent a good amount of time looking for flaws in your smithing practices I could find some but since this is work of art I won't and I suouldn't. If this were a wheel or a gate and it was submitted a final test of your smithing skill anyone of could pick it apart but that is not it intention. It's intention it is to be visually stimulatiing and to be inspirational and it fulfills both of those in spades, very well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes a work is posted here that transcends what might be called "excellent" in it's creativity and skill level. Most people would never believe that metal could be worked so well, with such expressiveness. From the turned head to the treatment of the cross, you have made something that demands our attention whether we have any religious leanings or not. Yes, I am impressed !

• 3 years later...