I Forge Iron

What is she?

The last 2 anvils to go went for $250+. I bought a Fulton 75 with heavily built stand for $250. I love it, good rebound, long thick horn, and long heel. (I belive its an early farrier type). The othe went for $400. 150 Acme that wasn't even anchor worthy. But it was on a 24 by 24 oak post that's probably worth that to the man that bough it. (Art deco furniture maker)

I'm considering selling my fishing collection, but be sure it goes up before the anvil so I know if I can afford it. All its doing now is sitting in my room leaned in a corner. I'd rather have an anvil that isn't necessarily breakable or taking up massive amounts of floor space, than a collection of old poles

What alls in the fishing collection? All kinds of stuff. I have 7 tackle boxes full of gear, from new unopened Rapala to antique hand carved. I just bought stuff whenever I found it cheap. I have a few rods I've never senn of. nor find any information on. Old cane poles (screw together late 50's) to a few bamboo fly rods, and a few Ocean City Reels (Fly and spin cast) both in original box with instructions and pouch

Sounds like you need to go to the library, get some books on appraising lures, and then set up an ebay store. There might be some real money there.

I have a small collection of hand carved and unboxed antique lures, much of a tackle box full. They are valued at $1-$5 typical (with a few worth a bit more)... the boxes are where the real money is! My set were my grandfather's, including a DAM fly reel and bamboo fly pole.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I took a good look at the anvil today. Its a Trenton. Inbetween the front feet its stamped, "155---- 198-- A". - Unlegible or possible space. We guesstemated the weight around 150-160. (What its stamped) Its in A condition. Worn edge and one perfect edge. Horns fairly worn, cutting tables got chisel marks, hardy and pritchel are in great shape. What would yall value it at? I'm guessing in the $400 range. Would that be a good price?