monstermetal

RIP Grant Sarver

Rest in Peace Grant . My condolenses to the family, he will be missed in many places I'm sure !

Dick

I'm dumbfounded,...the world of blacksmithing has lost another Master Smith. My anvil will ring for him at noon EST. Rest in peace our brother,...can't believe it.

Our condolences and prayers to the family. Eternal rest grant unto him O'Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him may he rest in peace.

Woody & Jackie

A black day for all of us.....I'm so glad I got to meet him last summer.....Even though he would be the last to admit it I thought the man was a genius, a true master.....Condolences to his family...which included us all.....

Huge loss to everyone. My prayers to his family and loved ones. Grant will live on thru the knowledge he so
freely shared with all of us. If you learned anything from Grant pass it on in his honor, he would like that.

That's very sad news, condolences to his family.
A big loss here at IFI, I always loved his mix of knowledge and humour.

Naz

Like many of us who haunt these pages I only knew Sarver by reading his posts. He set a high bar for many of us to strive to reach - I am glad his shadow passed by me. It is always too early to find that someone you admired has passed away - prayers go out to his family and friends.

What a major loss for blacksmithing. I met Grant at a conference: lively, animated, opinionated, and helpful. Just a great guy all around. We'll miss him.

Rest in Peace Grant, your voice and your hammer will be missed, I will join in at noon CST ( 11 EST @ my zone) tomorrow, and ring my anvil for you brother.

I only knew of Grant Sarver by reading his posts. From what I read he freely and willingly shared his knowledge as well as his humor with all of us, thank you Grant. It is always sad when a man of Grant's stature passes away, my prayers go out to his family and friends.

That is sad news. My condolences to his family. I hope in my time I can be half as helpful to others as he has been.

Lewis

My Condolences to his Family. The little I knew about him was about his wise answers throughout the forum in general and my questions in particular.

Our prayers and best wishes to the Sarver family on their sad loss, from the Peel River Artist Blacksmiths, Australia.

This is very sad. I have communicated with Grant for years via the web and had hoped to meet him in person someday. His knowledge, willingness to help others and creative approach to problem solving will definitly be missed.

Patrick

Someone once wrote ( and I am sorry if I miss quote )......

"Every time a Blacksmith passes, a library is lost"

From time to time I would get a little book of knowledge or feed back from Grant, always positively directional.

To his family and close friends here and in RT, my condolences.

Dennis

I will miss his posts. They were always full of valuable information and a little bit of dry humour. RIP Grant.

The Sarver Family is in our prayers. Grant was a sharp dude. His legacy will live on here and on the net but he will be deeply missed.

Northwest Blacksmith Association Founding Member Grant Sarver Passes

Fellow Blacksmiths
I am sorry to announce that Grant Sarver passed away this morning due to a aortic aneurism
Grant was a Founding Member of the NWBA, past Board Member and a very gracious supporter and contributer to our organization and the world of blacksmithing. He was a unique fire that burnt brightly amongst our forges and will be very much missed.

Our condolences go out to his family and we will post any services information on the NWBA Forum once they are determined.
NBWA Board of Directors