I Forge Iron

Toggle linkage (EZ-Flex Dexter axle)

I was at a trailer equipment shop yesterday and I saw a part that looks like the toggle linkage on a little giant hammer it has a urethane rubber piece instead of a spring but it looks like it would work great for a hammer. The parts are all forged and they are cheap the whole part costs about 50 bucks, they are sold in pairs so about a 100 for 2. I have been thinking of building a mech hammer and thought this was a neat piece. I dont know how to post pics or links but it comes right up on google.

Could it be used as a toggle just like the little giant.? You would have to attach the top middle hole to the flywheel it couldnt have the straight adjustable shaft that little giant uses. Do you think it has too little flex or travel for a hammer.

This unit loads the cushion/spring as the outer holes move up and away from each other. The dupont stye linkage used on the little giant and others loads the spring as the ends get closer together, top and bottom of each stroke. The leaf spring that attaches to this would come closer and be cheaper
and easier to use.