I Forge Iron

Steven Bailey's class with Brian Brazeal

Steven has spent 3 1/2 days learning about forging techniques that move metal with Brian Brazeal here in Mississippi. Steven is an enjoyable person and worked diligently to improve and did improve each day. We would like to thank the Alex Bealer Blacksmith Assoc. for the grant that enabled him to come.
Check out Stevens' accomplishments....Karen Malone (Brazeal)
https://picasaweb.google.com/117030057799529631445/StevenBailey02?authkey=Gv1sRgCJCT966G5Yr3Uw

Great work! As always i love the way Brian's tools are changing ever so delicately. Every time i see a new post from you there is a tool that seems to have been tweaked for efficiency. Looks like Steven has been working in a coal mine!
I haven't been on here in a while, been getting ready to move to Utah! Hope you and Brian Can come visit some day and see Shane Carter.

Hey Brian, ironstein. Yep, the tools keep evolving. The students walk away with better tools than I have most the time. I keep on telling Lyle that we're going to have to take a few days off and make ourselves some new tools.
Steven did really well, and with his interest and drive he should go far. He has already been studying and sharing blacksmithing for a while now. he has quite a few videos that he has posted on utube under Lakeside Forge.
I've been to Shayne Carter's shop to teach a class and demonstrate. Shayne is one of the top farriers in the world and has been for decades. If you or anyone else has the opportunity to get around him and work with him, do not hesitate to glean what you can!

Here are the pics I took while Steven was at Brians. https://picasaweb.google.com/106506050631612810521/StevenBaileyAtBrians Steven has a good ability to recall what he hears, I thought I caught him not paying attention a couple times but he was able to repeat to me what Brian had said word for word. I was impressed with him. It was a pleasure meeting him and his mother.