I Forge Iron

Bought Another Vulcan

I had a demo and camp, this past weekend. While I was there, I saw a fellow that had what he said was a 135# Vulcan for sale. Well we talked for awhile and I bought it for $125.00. :ph34r::) When I got home, today, I put it on some bathroom scales and it actually only weighed 125#. But $1.00/ pound was still good. So now I have to figure out what to do with another anvil. B) Anybody got any ideas? :)

post-1549-0-75487500-1317084245_thumb.jp post-1549-0-50884800-1317084257_thumb.jp post-1549-0-37006700-1317084267_thumb.jp

It had some light surface rust on the face and horn. The edges are in very good shape. When I gave the face a quick brush of with a flap disc, it shows some very small marks in the face. But overall it's in very good condition. I was happy with the deal. :)

I'd say hang on to it, and pass the deal on whomever you run into later on that actually needs a good one. Unless you're planning on becoming a collector.

I'm not a collector, so I plan to rotate my excess anvils out as I find people that'll actually *use* them, although I don't feel obligated to give a killer deal to every new guy that takes interest, since I feel like 90% of them will have moved on to a new hobby the next time I see them.

I've got one that I'll probably be passing on to the next guy I meet that's actually making stuff with a hunk of scrap, RR track, or whatever other ASO, and isn't letting it hold him back.

Yeah, I'm totally with you. Honestly I feel like these days, if I pass up a deal like that, the person that doesn't is likely to be reseller, who'll simply be out for a quick return, further proliferating the outrageous market of these tools for something other than their intended utility.

Or worse, it may end up in the scrapyard.

Well guys. I sold the Vulcan. A friend of mine is starting to get his kit built up and is using a RR track anvil. I bought the Vulcan for $125 and sold it to him for $150. He is tickled pink!! :) Another one saved from oblivion. It will be put to good use. Thanks for all the comments. :D