I Forge Iron

A Spear for Sam......

I was looking for some ideas for things to make out of copper and was looking on a web site that had all of these items for the ancient Middle East and found this nice spear. Well I though of Sam right off and all of the spears and swords he has made and thought that he might like the looks of this one too. Well of course anyone else is welcome to look at too. Enjoy!

http://paleodirect.c...set2/grk002.htm

Thank you,Bentiron,that IS one beautiful spear.I like the way that transition was decorated.That spot usually is very difficult to forge right,so,decorating it is most appropriate,and can cover-up some mishaps...Or,make it more difficult yet,depending on one's skill!
Really nice close-ups,can see the striations,and the way the edge was welded...Good stuff!

He has been absent for a bit, must be working hard. Yeah, I though he may enjoy seeing some older work that had survived turning to rust along the way to today. There are others spear heads, arrow heads and such for sale there, not I could I can afford those prices but it was good to see actual methods of making things, you know just dissect the process.

Jerry, I think Sam must've fell asleep or something. I haven't seen him on here for awhile. Nice looking spear head. I think Sam would like it if he wakes up and looks. :D

Sam has been working as the blacksmith assistant at Peter's Valley Craft Center for the season. Not much computer access.