I Forge Iron

Anyone have a tire hammer in Twin Cities area?

I'd like to look at one, and see one in action if possible before I commit to building one. So if anyone has one near the Minneapolis area that would be willing for a show and tell, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Should be a number of people locally, that own a tire hammer. I am not one of them, but, the Guild of Metalsmiths had a tire hammer build last year (if my memory serves me right) and they built at least 10 hammers. Most, if not all, were taken home by local smiths. I live in Eagan and own an Anyang 33 lb. hammer that I am currently in the process of build a stand for and putting it in service (after sitting for 4 or 5 years :-( )... or I would invite you over to try it out.

Anyway, good luck. Contact the Guild and you should have no problem finding someone with a tire hammer.

Should be a number of people locally, that own a tire hammer. I am not one of them, but, the Guild of Metalsmiths had a tire hammer build last year (if my memory serves me right) and they built at least 10 hammers. Most, if not all, were taken home by local smiths. I live in Eagan and own an Anyang 33 lb. hammer that I am currently in the process of build a stand for and putting it in service (after sitting for 4 or 5 years :-( )... or I would invite you over to try it out.

Anyway, good luck. Contact the Guild and you should have no problem finding someone with a tire hammer.

Thank you all so much for the responses. I might take you up on that offer, depending on funds I was considering an anyang 33lber. The new ones come with the base right from the factory. I'll try to contact the guild of metalsmiths to see if they can put me in contact with an owner of the tire hammer.

I still have to make the base, fill it with cement and let the cement cure before I can start to put it into service. Will take at least a month for the cement to cure (at least as far as I have been told), so it may be a while until i get it in service.

I will try and remember to post something when the Anayng is operational so that those of you that are interested can stop by and check it out...

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread. 'And now we return to your regularly scheduled programming...'

Dan