I Forge Iron

New Anvil

Hello all.
I'm new to blacksmithing and just bought my first anvil.
I'm almost possitive it's a Hay-Buddens stamped ACME.
120# serial number 129783.
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the year it was made?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello! and welcome to IFI. You found a treasured anvil for how much? Your first and likely the BEST anvil you will ever see. Wanna sell it? we will want to see pictures of your forge and work. Come on in , never cuss in chat or comments anywhere else and enjoy.

After reading many past post on this site and others, I believe the anvil is a Trenton. The botton depression is more oval than hourglass and the serial number is on the right if you are looking at the anvil from the horn tip. Thanks again for any info!

Don't you guys know anything! "ACME" is an anvil manufacturer and the patent holder of the "Movable Black Hole" and "Fold-able Door", Sheesh! We aren't that old yet , are we....

Beep Beep!

Acme_anvil.gif

The "Rules" for those of you "Slipping"

1. Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going "beep, beep."
2. No outside force can harm the Coyote—only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. Trains and trucks were the exception from time to time.
3. The Coyote could stop anytime—IF he were not a fanatic. (Repeat: "A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim." —George Santayana).
4. No dialogue ever, except "beep, beep" and yowling in pain.
5. Road Runner must stay on the road—for no other reason than that he's a roadrunner.
6. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters—the southwest American desert.
7. All tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.
8. Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote's greatest enemy.
9. The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.
10. The audience's sympathy must remain with the Coyote.
11. The Coyote is not allowed to catch the Road Runner.

anvil.jpg

wile-coyote-wallpaper.jpg

Enjoy

Jerry

As I recall Wile E Coyote also said, "Ulp" and YIKE" on occasion.

Thanks for the memories.

Frosty the Lucky.

Don't you guys know anything! "ACME" is an anvil manufacturer and the patent holder of the "Movable Black Hole" and "Fold-able Door", Sheesh! We aren't that old yet , are we....

Beep Beep!

The "Rules" for those of you "Slipping"

1. Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going "beep, beep."
2. No outside force can harm the Coyote—only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. Trains and trucks were the exception from time to time.
3. The Coyote could stop anytime—IF he were not a fanatic. (Repeat: "A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim." —George Santayana).
4. No dialogue ever, except "beep, beep" and yowling in pain.
5. Road Runner must stay on the road—for no other reason than that he's a roadrunner.
6. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters—the southwest American desert.
7. All tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.
8. Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote's greatest enemy.
9. The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.
10. The audience's sympathy must remain with the Coyote.
11. The Coyote is not allowed to catch the Road Runner.

anvil.jpg

Enjoy

Jerry