I Forge Iron

Eye of Horus

This is an Eye of Horus I made as an adornment for an Egyptian themed pergola I'm building for someone.Unfortunately it's the only metal piece, everything else is timber, including 24 Sphinx corner brackets.

post-5570-0-47110300-1309598946_thumb.jp

Very nice. I love this motif and you did a really clean and striking rendition.

I had always called this the Eye of Horus but was corrected one day by an itinerant doing some stone work for us. Apparently he was classically trained. In any case, the right eye is the Eye of Ra (the sun) and the left eye, is the Eye of Horus (the moon). I think that the way you have it laid out, this would be the right eye. It is modeled after the eye pattern of a Peregrine falcon.

Thanks for the comments,its going on a beam above the entrance,Mark and the pergola is in a garden that is open to the public a couple of times a year so I'm hoping many people will see it,WmHorus I can see why it got you thinking :),IronAlchemy thanks for extra info.

Cheers Ian

Nice piece Ian, it'll go well on virtually anything it graces.

I love these kinds of pieces, folk here will gladly fill us all in on the details we hadn't thought of. Well, I HOPE gladly.:blink: The Egyptians were certainly the folk to put meaning into every detail, heck most of the carvings and sculptures were stories.

Thanks both of you!

Frosty the Lucky.

Nice piece Ian, it'll go well on virtually anything it graces.

I love these kinds of pieces, folk here will gladly fill us all in on the details we hadn't thought of. Well, I HOPE gladly.:blink: The Egyptians were certainly the folk to put meaning into every detail, heck most of the carvings and sculptures were stories.

Thanks both of you!

Frosty the Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, I get great enjoyment out of making items that aren't the norm.

Cheers Ian

Thanks Frosty, I get great enjoyment out of making items that aren't the norm.

Cheers Ian

Well . . . Uh. . . . Er. . . . That's actually the norm around here Ian.:P

Welcome to the non-normal crowd, beating perfectly good and innocent iron, steel and whatever comes to hand into uniquely non-normal . . . Stuff.

Frosty the Lucky