I Forge Iron

Hi from lancaster PA

Bear

Hi all,
Actually from Leola Pa( a few miles east of lancaster). Used to do some forging in Jr high and High school and have just started getting back into it(make some tools and do some decorative work). i am making some room in my workshop for it and have just started picking up some older tongs( occasionally the green dragon has some cheap). Love the forums and have read through a lot of it so far.

Sean (aka Bear)

Hi all,
Actually from Leola Pa( a few miles east of lancaster). Used to do some forging in Jr high and High school and have just started getting back into it(make some tools and do some decorative work). i am making some room in my workshop for it and have just started picking up some older tongs( occasionally the green dragon has some cheap). Love the forums and have read through a lot of it so far.

Sean (aka Bear)

Greetings Bear.
Sounds like you checked us out before you committed to be a part of this forum.
I think that’s a good thing for us. I believe you will be more likely to stick around and be an active member because you know doubt have the interest.
We all have a better chance to solve problems accurately when more people are giving input to a solution.
We are definitely interested in the things you have had exposure to. As you know, the people on this site are here for you also.
If you happen to have photo’s, instructions, or BLUEPRINTS you want to share, bring them on!
Be safe, be safe!
Ted

Hi Bear,

You're a bit closer to me. I'm a few minutes south of Carlisle, PA. Unfortunately my forge isn't set up this year.

The Blacksmith Guild of Central MD is close to you, and has a wonderful teaching facility. Blacksmith Guild of Central Maryland

The PA Artist Blacksmith Association may be closer yet and the newsletter editor lives in Lancaster. http://www.www.pablacksmith.com

Good luck and have fun.

Pam