I Forge Iron

Large grinding wheels

• 11 months later...

I stumbled across this forum while looking for information on an new/old grinding wheel.  It's 24" in diameter and around 2.5" thick.  The name stamped on the side looks like "Beach Abrasives  - Cleveland" model S-I55.  Google was no help.  It appears to be unused and I'm seeking information on if they are still used, its value, etc.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I've attached pictures for reference.  Thanks,.

DSCN4908.JPG

DSCN4906.JPG

about 500 pesos, in general used grinding wheels cannot be used for any powered systems due to the danger of undetected damage---people get killed by exploding wheels.  They can still be used for treadle systems but few people use those.

There are over 100 countries who participate here so you may get prices in anything from Australian or Canadian or Hong Kong dollars to Euros, rupiah, colons, etc;  World Wide Web you know...

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, ThomasPowers said:

in general used grinding wheels cannot be used for any powered systems due to the danger of undetected damage---people get killed by exploding wheels.  They can still be used for treadle systems but few people use those.

50 yrs ago I used one of these most mornings during haying season to sharpen 3-4 cutter bars for our mowing machine. Treadle type with a seat that fit me much better then than it does now. Still in my shop guess I Will keep it for nostalgia but not much use these days will end up in our museum soon. Value not much.