I Forge Iron

Bill Fiorini in hospice

I got the below message about Bill from his wife
Bill was one of the pioneers in damascus steel revival in the US

facebook
Kirsten sent you a message.

Kirsten Skiles6:12am Jun 2nd
Bill was in the hospital being treated for a very serious nocardia infection in his right lung and thyroid. He was recovering slowly, but definitely showing progress. Very early Wednesday morning he had a massive stroke on the right side of his brain. Even if he did survive and recover, he would not have anything close to the life and function that he wanted.

We've decided to choose comfort care only and inpatient hospice care. Please feel free to let his old friends know. I don't have the energy to look up names and numbers. I would prefer not to get a lot of calls right now please.

Bill wanted to be cremated and was adamantly against a wake and funeral. Finances permitting, Bill's older daughter Danielle and I would like to plan a memorial party (or hammer in?) back in La Crosse later in the summer.

He's resting peacefully in hospice right now. I'll let you know how things go.
-Kirsten

I got the below message about Bill from his wife
Bill was one of the pioneers in damascus steel revival in the US

Roger,

Thanks for posting this. I sent Bill a card last week after your posting that he was ill.

Please keep us informed about a later memorial service for Bill.

Very sad news. Bill was a good guy.

Bob Schade

Posted Today. June 4, 08:17 AM

From Kirsten this morning on Facebook:

"Bill passed away early this morning, just in time to start off his new path with the sunrise, his favorite time of day."

RIP

Yes, Frosty, we've lost way too many great ones.

Posted Today. June 4, 08:17 AM

From Kirsten this morning on Facebook:

"Bill passed away early this morning, just in time to start off his new path with the sunrise, his favorite time of day."

RIP

Very sad news. I miss Bill already.....

Bob

• 8 months later...

I know this is a bit late but thought of sharing the information just the same...

The Teaching Tent at the 2012 ABANA conference will be named the "Bill Fiorini Memorial Teaching Tent" this time in honor of him.

Kirsten has made mention of possibly having some of his tools and unfinished projects in the gallery and possibly in the auction as well. ABANA is accepting any donations in honor of Bill to go towards the teaching tent expenses.

Bill was a natural artist and dedicated teacher.

Peyton