I Forge Iron

Hi from Little Rock, Arkansas

lloe01

I am Larry Loe, just getting started. I have always been a do-it-yourself person and will try to fix things instead of going and buying something new. I do quite a bit of work around the house and being able to make things from iron and other metals is exciting to me.

I am hoping to retire from my current job in a few years and blacksmithing looks like a great hobby/career once I am retired.

I haven't seen any groups near Little Rock and haven't found an anvil as of yet either. If anyone has some tips, please send em my way.

Thanks!

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! You're not too far from Missouri, BAM is the local group there. http://www.bamsite.org is their web site. They are having their BIG conference this weekend up in Sedalia, MO 4/28-5/1 and it will be a great one...they always are. May be too late of notice for ya but well worth the effort if you can go. TONS of tailgating and fantastic demonstrators.

You are only about 4hrs from me so if you ever get this far down give me a shout, my shop is always open. Once again, welcome. I do have a few anvils, forges, and vises for sale but ya gotta come get em, too much trouble to ship.

Hello Larry welcome to IFI , I also am a new member , also a member of bam . Have been a bladesmith for 40 years but, I still learn something everyday . This seems like a good forum to learn some technique. I live in Steelville mo. regards ...... Bubba

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! You're not too far from Missouri, BAM is the local group there. http://www.bamsite.org is their web site. They are having their BIG conference this weekend up in Sedalia, MO 4/28-5/1 and it will be a great one...they always are. May be too late of notice for ya but well worth the effort if you can go. TONS of tailgating and fantastic demonstrators.

You are only about 4hrs from me so if you ever get this far down give me a shout, my shop is always open. Once again, welcome. I do have a few anvils, forges, and vises for sale but ya gotta come get em, too much trouble to ship.

Thomas,

I am probably closer to you than I am the AR group. I may take you up on your offer sometime and mosey over to see what you have sometime. Thanks for all the information! I am really excited and want to see some demos and meet other folks who enjoy this.

My ggrandfather, grandfather were blacksmiths and my father was one early on but did more welding in his later years. I was going to inherit the blacksmith gear but instead ' lost' it when my Dad needed to sell it instead. I was able to recover some of his welding gear but none of the blacksmith gear.

Thanks!