I Forge Iron

Old viсe.

demid

Hello! Yes, according to my drawings was made screw and a box. Vices are not very large, jaws about 12 -13 cm Very often, the old vices have the problem of the lack of screw . We have to restore paying attention to the original design and authenticity.

That's a beautiful screw/screwbox!

That first vise looks more home made than old save for the tanged mounting plate set up. Easy to confuse "primitive" with "old" in smithing as I have seen several items that were the very eyes of age you would think but had been cobbled together in the 1930's out of what they could scrounge and so looked like they were 200+ years older than they were. (also some countries used older "style" items much longer than others.)

Thomas! Thank you, glad you liked the design of the box. About ancient and primitive. The fact that I found these vices in the country. Little was found in the ground and those that with a new thread in the old house. In the Soviet period, they could not produce. I think that young are aged 17 - 18 -19 age, and the latter with a new thread - the end of 18 - 19 century. Interestingly, both see the seams of a blacksmith welding, they really were made from scrap metal.

In our country, on the contrary tried to forget all the old (the bourgeois), so 19 century - that's for sure. In order not to be considered a dreamer, so to say, this is not ancient but primitive tools dating back to age 19 (or slightly earlier)