I Forge Iron

Round nose pliers.

Paragon

Where can I get a nice pair of round nose pliers. Looking for all metal heavy duty so they can take the heat. The only ones I can seem to find are for crafts, small, and have plastic/rubber handles.

Below is what I am looking for.

link removed at the request of anvilfire

Thanks for the heads up.
George.

Get your fire going, bung in a bit of metal, wait till its hot, take it out of the fire and belt the living daylights out of it. There's your pair of "pliers"... as heavy duty as you like.

How...check out a few of the Blueprints here for excellent instruction.

My humble opinion. Junk tool dump bins at hardware stores or farm stores are fine. I have some needlenosed that I probobly paid $ 3.99 for and I have used them for years. I also have some Klien side cutters that are about $ 25.00 current price. I do expect tools to perform but I have many things that I have made or re-worked into what is needed. THe needlenosed are I guess 5 years old and hold up fine for their given tasks. Check True Value or someplace like that.

Like Ten Hammers I have several differet size pair made out of Needle nose from yard sales and flea markets. Just grind the teeth off and reshape to your likeing. The ones I use to shape rose petals out of 16 gauge still have the rubber handles on them and I bend the petals at a red/orange heat. The grips make it nice when your making 10 or 12 at a time.

JWB

Paragon,
Diana sells some round nosed pliers whenever we go to blacksmith meets and confereces. They are world war 2 surplus and about 6'' long she gets $5.00 each and does send some out priority mail (I think 5-6 pair will go in a box) Contact her at lazyassforge@tds.com Apologies to Glen if this is not appropriate in the forum!

Bill D.

Wow. Lots of replies. Thanks to all who posted.
I would make my own but I'm not sure how hard it would be with no anvil and no forge.

I have been looking for the cheapies to modify (non as cheap as I would like) so was just wondering what is out there. I totally forgot about the BlackSmithdepot. I'll check out the other places, too.
Bill, thanks for the info. I will check into it. Sounds like a deal.