I Forge Iron

Spreading the B.S. GOSPEL

I was invited to do a talk on blacksmithing tonight at a local bookstore, and after giving it much thought I have a pretty good idea of what I want to cover. It occurred to me that this is an excellent way of getting more knowledge about what we do out there. Obviously the best way is hands on demos, but this is a way to attract attention in a whole different arena. I will bring a digital photo frame that will flip through a large file of my photos, and have some pieces that are light and easy to show, an Alex Bealer book along with an Aspery book, and of course the story of the king of crafts. I'll even bring a couple copies of our newsletter, ancient history to modern day artist blacksmith in 30 minutes or less.

I was invited to do a talk on blacksmithing tonight at a local bookstore, and after giving it much thought I have a pretty good idea of what I want to cover. It occurred to me that this is an excellent way of getting more knowledge about what we do out there. Obviously the best way is hands on demos, but this is a way to attract attention in a whole different arena. I will bring a digital photo frame that will flip through a large file of my photos, and have some pieces that are light and easy to show, an Alex Bealer book along with an Aspery book, and of course the story of the king of crafts. I'll even bring a couple copies of our newsletter, ancient history to modern day artist blacksmith in 30 minutes or less.

Good deal Mike. I have something similar coming up in May at the tiny little local history museum in our town. Except I dont have to talk. Some photos of bigger projects, several small pieces that are easy to display, etc. Will be there for a month.