I Forge Iron

new guy to the blacksmith world

jeffmckelvey

my name is jeff and im 29. i live just outside of phila pa. i'm into old hot rods so i bought a welder a few years ago so that i could do my own fabricating, then a couple months later i bought a bigger welder and i have a lot of fun with it. now i weld all the time.

so i do landscape and masonry work,, i just built a fireplace at my house so i decided i want to build my own fireplace tool set... while researching how to do it i came across this site a few days ago, and i cant get enough of it. i'm very interested in learning about this trade.

i dont know the first thing about blacksmiting so i will be asking alot of questions..

thanks in advance. -jeff

Welcome Jeff! It would be wuite a drive for you, but I am on the PA NY border(in New York), close by to a town in PA called Shohola, or you might know (or be able to find on a map) Milford(I am a half an hour away)? If you would like to come up to my shop for a day, you are welcome to? My shop is located in a town called Barryville.

Welcome Jeff! It would be wuite a drive for you, but I am on the PA NY border(in New York), close by to a town in PA called Shohola, or you might know (or be able to find on a map) Milford(I am a half an hour away)? If you would like to come up to my shop for a day, you are welcome to? My shop is located in a town called Barryville.

WOW! thank you for the offer, what kind of stuff are you working on? i would love to check out your place some time. i have a lot of free time over the winter, so i'll be in touch.

thanks again. jeff

I run my own blacksmith shop, Pm me for details or i'll post on here if you want, either way. My email address is (email removed per TOS) I am also into hot rods, but nowhere near getting started on one, though I have TONS of ideas.

Edited by Mod30
Remove email address per TOS