I Forge Iron

Self Introduction

Hi all. I want to formally introduce myself. My name is Jeffrey Bly. I'm originally from Albany, NY and have relocated to the Richmond, VA area. I have be tinkering in smithing for 2 or 3 years now and want to go pro. I have been to a couple of the BGVA meetings now and plan to attend monthly. So if you see me there, please introduce yourselves to me as I'm looking to jump in with both feet and get to know all of you in the area that I can. I have plans to start my own business and need all the guidance and encouragement I can get. I'm sure I'm in the right place. Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to IFI. Lots of good people and info here. There should be a few blacksmith guilds/groups in your area. The Tidewater Blacksmith Guild may cover your area. If you haven't met up with anyone yet, don't worry, they will find you here on IFI.

Mark<><

Welcome Jeff
You are in the right area.
There are a lot of Guilds in Virginia but we are probally the closest.
A good portion of the members of the Tidewater blacksmith guild come to most of our meetings every month too.
We try to schedule things so most people can go to most of the areas events but sometimes there will be conlicting dates.
Please come up and introduce yourself.
Just ask anybody and they will point me out.

Mike Tanner