I Forge Iron

City rules, regulations, and the noise.

gonefishin

I purposely looked to avoid an HOA situation. If the house was in an HOA, I passed on it. Down here we call them the housing Nazis.

I am on good terms with my neighbors, and I have loaned them trailers, done work for them, had dinner at their homes, looked after their properties when they are gone, forklifted items , and they have my contact info if they need to get a hold of me for any reason.

One neighbor asked me if he could rent my 40' double car hauler to take his brother's Escalade back to CA. I told him No, he couldn't rent it, but he could use it any time he wanted to as long as I didn't need it. That is how I think it should be when it comes to being neighborly.

If someone has a problem with me, talk to me. Don't go calling the cops.

Now back to the OP's question. It is hard to tell what WILL happen, all we can tell you is what MAY happen. After the first few years, the neighbor's started asking if their kids could light the fuse on the blackpowder cannons that we shot off the porch on New Years. Sure, come on over. It got to be a tradition on our street, although I am sure that we were violating some ordinance, if not several. I would get to know the neighbors as well as you can before you get too gung-ho on this. You may pick up some info on one from another, or just get the vibe that they may be a thorn in your side after talking with them for a bit. On the other hand you may find that they are in support, or just don't care what you do. Either way I feel it is important that you get to know them.

• 1 month later...

Anyone thought of using coke. In my opinion it doesn't hardly smoke. I have none of theses issues since I live in the middle of nowhere. Deaden the anvil, go with an induction forge and remind the neighbors you can provide cool and unusual gifts anytime through out the year......then remind them you swing a big hammer!! Sorry guys. I'm a military veteran who loves this country but I believe we have become way to whiny!!!