I Forge Iron

Coal Conspiracy???

down here I payed $300.00 for a half a ton. On NPR last week said the demand for our coal has gone up and we are starting to export to you guest it China

here in oklahoma we can get it for around 140 a ton. now that is for our club members.i dont know that they will sell to non members.

"I agree. As a nation we are even selling the water from the Great Lakes to China!!! "

Which nation? The Great Lakes belong to two nations, Canada and the USA, and are regulated by the International Joint Commission, which was set up over a 100 years ago to deal with issues such as water export. However as of 2002 with the International Boundary Waters Treaty Act it is in fact illigal to remove more than 50 million cubic meters at a time. Bulk tankers hauling water to China was proposed in the 90's but it didn't happen.

As a footnote, there is a move in Alaska to sell water to China in bulk tankers, but I don't think this has happened yet either, only proposed.

"I agree. As a nation we are even selling the water from the Great Lakes to China!!! "

Which nation? The Great Lakes belong to two nations, Canada and the USA, and are regulated by the International Joint Commission, which was set up over a 100 years ago to deal with issues such as water export. However as of 2002 with the International Boundary Waters Treaty Act it is in fact illigal to remove more than 50 million cubic meters at a time. Bulk tankers hauling water to China was proposed in the 90's but it didn't happen.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/opinion/we-need-to-stop-the-exportation-of-water-from-the-great-lakes-to-china/

As a footnote, there is a move in Alaska to sell water to China in bulk tankers, but I don't think this has happened yet either, only proposed.

Where did you hear that?

http://www.annarbor.com/news/opinion/we-need-to-stop-the-exportation-of-water-from-the-great-lakes-to-china/

Nestle gets the water free due to water rights then sells it to China. The way I understand it, it is severly draining Lake Michigan. But I must admit i have heard it on tv and read it on the Internet news site but have not witnessed it my self.

For those down under in NSW Australia this is where I get my coke - http://www.illawarracoke.com.au/
Just picked some up yetserday at $400 a ton - so 3 * 60 Liter garbage bins cost $40.

One ton in that little car??? Just joking. L Brand in the USA is about $390 per ton and they ship as well as allow personal pick up. I met some of your countrymen while I was stationed at Al Udeid Airbase. They were great guys and I'm proud to have served with them.

• 2 years later...

Here in Eastern,Ky you can buy it in five gallon buckets if you want but can often find it for free..I get it from a tiple here locally(in Prestonsburg,Ky) and I can get a full Ton for about $100

Here in Eastern,Ky you can buy it in five gallon buckets if you want but can often find it for free..I get it from a tiple here locally(in Prestonsburg,Ky) and I can get a full Ton for about $100

you're in coal rich country. on the west coast we aren't as lucky. There was a coal mine a while ago but I believe it has been shut down, and I don't think it was good smithing coal...

The supplier I'm going to get it from has it already bagged, or I can get it in bulk and bring what ever sized container I want and they do it by lbs. The plan is to take a 35gal garbage bin down and fill it up. that should last me a long while. I'm assuming that will be a couple hundred lbs of coal once it's all said and done.