Thanks for posting these, Dan. Looks like you and Alec had a good time at his shop. The Last picture (the tin type) was great. Alec looks like he really gets into his work, from all the soot on his face. :D

Unfortunately, it looks like the forum software has lost the photos that used to be on this post. Would you all be so kind as to help a newbie out and repost them? Many thanks!

On 8/8/2015 at 10:40 PM, JHCC said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the forum software has lost the photos that used to be on this post. Would you all be so kind as to help a newbie out and repost them? Many thanks!

Same issue.

Here are some Brian Brazeal punch and drift pix from my archive of purloined materials er, ah research files.

A can of short decorative punches and chisels. Punch tips with the slugs produced. Side view of longer punch/drift combo tools showing tapers. Student set produced during a multi day workshop class.

BB punch can.JPG

BB punch set with plugs cut.jpg

BB hammer drifts 13in OA.jpg

BB student chisel & punch set.jpg

1 hour ago, John McPherson said:

Here are some Brian Brazeal punch and drift pix from my archive of purloined materials er, ah research files.

Thank you for posting those awesome pic's! Love the punch and slug pic

I think the centering is enough for me. Measure and centerpunch cold, it's easy to set and punch when hot.

Steve