I Forge Iron

Artist blacksmithing question

I don't have much to say about project books with specific sizes and dimensions. But if you like to look at nice close up pictures of all sorts of ironwork and sculpture I would recommend author Dona Z. Meilach. I have four of her books and I would label the photography unbeatable. That is if looking at the pictures just for ideas is what you want to do. Specific sizes and processing techniques use others. Good luck. Spears.

• 4 weeks later...

Did I miss the coat rack suggestion? You DO wear a coat or rain gear every once in a while don't ya? A free standing one is good but trickier than it seems to get right and can really put a dent in the floor or your foot if it falls over which happens if loaded unbalanced. I like a wall mounted unit myself, a series of coat hooks on a board that's screwed to the wall. They're much easier, take up less space, look as nice as you make them and don't fall over very often.

Oh yeah, have you asked your girlfriend for ideas?

Frosty the Lucky.

"101 Metal Projects for the Novice Blacksmith" by Al Cannella
"Geschmiedetes Gerät" by Fritz Kühn
"Practical Projects for the Blacksmith" by Ted Tucker
"Hooks Rings and other Things" by Frank T. Barnes

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

"101 Metal Projects for the Novice Blacksmith" by Al Cannella
"Geschmiedetes Gerät" by Fritz Kühn
"Practical Projects for the Blacksmith" by Ted Tucker
"Hooks Rings and other Things" by Frank T. Barnes

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

Thank you sir. I'll be sure to pick these up asap!

Did I miss the coat rack suggestion? You DO wear a coat or rain gear every once in a while don't ya? A free standing one is good but trickier than it seems to get right and can really put a dent in the floor or your foot if it falls over which happens if loaded unbalanced. I like a wall mounted unit myself, a series of coat hooks on a board that's screwed to the wall. They're much easier, take up less space, look as nice as you make them and don't fall over very often.

Oh yeah, have you asked your girlfriend for ideas?

Frosty the Lucky.

I've already started sketching out a wall mounted coat rack. I agreed with everything you posted here. On the girl friend subject...MIA... Atleast I still have my hammer!! Ha ha