Jump to content
I Forge Iron

A what is it ????


Recommended Posts

Sure enough,its a saw set.I tried it on an old saw.I even get the idea,you do every other tooth the flip it over and do the rest.I really had it stuck in my mind that it was a railroad conductors ticket thingy,because i reckoned by not punching trough you woundt get a build up of confetti on the floor,and because it wuold be hard to copy that pear shaped stamp it puts on paper!any thanks fellas!! smart bunch here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fact yours is a Morrill's # 1, in a 1902 catalougue they were listed at $14 a dozen.

These are some saw sharpening tools:

Left background - A Saw Vice.

Left front - A Saw Jointer.

Center - A patented saw filing guide.

Right background - The type of Saw Set I prefer.

Right front - A type of saw set called a Wrest.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...