I Forge Iron

Old Anvil

Checked AinA and could not find this number. Take a wire wheel and clean the area good. HB did not have a the letters J or S prefixing the SN. The letter A was introduced as a prefix in 1918. But whatever the date of birth you have a great anvil. The # 15 is most likely the inspector's #.

Checked AinA and could not find this number. Take a wire wheel and clean the area good. HB did not have a the letters J or S prefixing the SN. The letter A was introduced as a prefix in 1918. But whatever the date of birth you have a great anvil. The # 15 is most likely the inspector's #.

Thanks Thomas. I'll do some more investigating. This anvil belonged to my father in law. Reminds me of him in a lot of ways. I never asked him where he got it from.

Thanks Again,

Jamie

Best bet is post pics both sides and front foot. Numbres on the oppsite side high up and back near the hardy hloe
(3 digits) may be batch #s for a late model tool steel top 1908 and later.
Ken.

Thanks Ken. I have pics and am trying to figure out how to down load. Found another set of numbers on the left foot opposite the horn end. Looks to be T46058. Posting soon... I hope.

Jamie