I Forge Iron

December 2006

Glenn

Why not a "random act of kindness" for this month. Just recognize a need and help someone, with no intention to get anything in return. We will not keep score, but you will know, and the person on the receiving end will know, and that is all that matters.

The adjustable anvil contest will come to an end in 30 days, the last day of December. It is time to get your entries built and ready to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a "Random Act of Kindness" project for this month. A local lady called and asked several questions regarding blacksmithing because her son has an interest in learning blacksmithing. I tried to answer all her questions, then I sent her some info. (list of books, old Centaur forge catalog, etc.) for reference. Next, she called and asked if I would be willing be part of her Christmas gift to him by setting up a time for her son to come to my shop and talk with me. I plan to give him a beginner's lesson while making a couple of quick tools to start him off.

Pretty random eh?

I have a "Random Act of Kindness" project for this month. A local lady called and asked several questions regarding blacksmithing because her son has an interest in learning blacksmithing. I tried to answer all her questions, then I sent her some info. (list of books, old Centaur forge catalog, etc.) for reference. Next, she called and asked if I would be willing be part of her Christmas gift to him by setting up a time for her son to come to my shop and talk with me. I plan to give him a beginner's lesson while making a couple of quick tools to start him off.

Pretty random eh?

Sounds great.

Why not a "random act of kindness" for this month. Just recognize a need and help someone, with no intention to get anything in return. We will not keep score, but you will know, and the person on the receiving end will know, and that is all that matters.

The adjustable anvil contest will come to an end in 30 days, the last day of December. It is time to get your entries built and ready to post.

Where may I find more information about "adjustable Anvils"?
A fellow I know is building one heck of an anvil. He is new to blacksmithing, but his old mind has had a lot of exposure to ideas over the years.
I enjoy visiting him to see what he has added to his "single horned, double decked tables, multi prichel and hadie holed, fixed bending forked, home made anvil" WoW, we haven't really gave it a name yet. But I would like to see it and hear it when it is completed. I will send a photo when it is done.

Adjustable Anvil Stand Contest

To find older threads, go to the section you are interested in and at the bottom left set the display option to the time frame you want to see. Default is usually rather short in order to keep the clutter on your screen to a minimum. But you can set it for a day, a week, a month, a year, or from the beginning of time, your choice.

Ted. has anyone ventured to say..."give it up?"

Richard,
I just can't give up on the adrenalin rush all at once. I am going to have to do it a little at a time.
Out here were I live, the most exciting things to do is to watch weeds grow and go see what this fellow has added onto his anvil. He is fully occupied by developing his creation, and it keeps him off of the streets. That way I can leave my shop unlocked and not worry.
Be safe, be safe!
Ted