I Forge Iron

where to buy hawk handles and drift.

I am currently making my own hawk handles and I have a drift that I made. This has been working so far. But I would like to buy a drift and the handles. Was wondering if anybody could recomend a source. I would prefer to purchase both from the same source. I have googled it and there are several choices. Just wondering if anybody had a prefferance.
Aaron

We buy all of our haft blanks from Dunlaps. We make and order about every two weeks..He carries all grades of curly maple and often has other figured woods. We get his curly ash whenever he has it..
His curly maple handles are turned by an Amish gentleman in Pa..Four at a time of a lath designed just for that..
We've tried several distributers and Dunlaps and the best quaility we've found..

We buy all of our haft blanks from Dunlaps. We make and order about every two weeks..He carries all grades of curly maple and often has other figured woods. We get his curly ash whenever he has it..
His curly maple handles are turned by an Amish gentleman in Pa..Four at a time of a lath designed just for that..
We've tried several distributers and Dunlaps and the best quaility we've found..

You guys must be the reason he was so short on handles last time I was in there!

I believe the turner is a buggy maker when he's not doing hawk handles. IIRC, Wayne told me the guy uses a spoke lathe.

Thats right. I do believe he said it was a spoke lath. It can turn those tear drop shapes.
We just made an order yesterday, last two times we ordered he was low and we almost cleaned him out both times :lol: Hes low of straight grain stuff right now. I think we got the last of it yesterday..