Jump to content
I Forge Iron

It's a mystery so far.

Recommended Posts

Seein's how I've lurked since Sept 05, guess it's time I posted and become active on this forum. I've gained more than my fair share of knowledge here, reading and keeping up with the threads, so it's time I shared as well.

This was posted by a friend on SFT and as yet we haven't been able to identify with any certainty as to what it is called, what it was used for and/or how it worked in it's day.

Any help would be appreciated in identifying it.






Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there was a scroll on the bare end to hang on a rod or to help hang onto it, I would say it was a pot lid holder. You slide the double hooks under the cast iron pot's lid to pick it up when it's hot. I haven't seen one with just a straight handle before, but similar items are commonly used for campfire cooking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no clue what it really is but my guess is that it is used to either grab or pull moving lines dealing with logging? I think I remember something close to this being used in some old logging footage where the guys were trying to direct and adjust the chains pulling up the fallen timbers. Thats my guess....I hope someone around here can give you the real use...I am curious to know too. Thanks for posting it!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...