elfshadow14

Is this a fake?

I can tell fake from real when it comes to Japanese swords but the one looks like it has a real hamon but I can't tell?I don't know if its a fake hamon on a really bad polish job.

eBay: 19th SHARP BLADE JAPANESE COWSKIN SHORT WAKIZASHI SWORD (item 290048661183 end time Nov-18-06 17:19:23 PST)

Update Sorry it's fake I look at the top of the blade and it not real.Gota hate sword sellers on ebay.

Well technically a sharpened aluminum yardstick can kill or maim someone if swung like a sword, much the same as a cheap-O 304 stainless steel wallhanger "ninja sword" could kill or maim. So I guess you could call this a "real sword". But is it Nihonto? heck no ! This is probably a antiqued copy of a supposed samurai sword made in mainland China or elsewhere. The Horrible rough finish work on the fittings and furniture is a dead giveaway. I've never seen true Nihonto that was carelessly finished in any way what so ever!!!

Jens

Well I have only found maybe 2-3 real nbthk sword.But I have seen a naginata put on a pizza box with nbthk papers so sometimes I check to make sure some moron cleaned a real one with steel wool or sand paper.But yeah I didn't see the kissaki was all wrong.

The "buy it now" price makes it a copy, end of story.
Ask JPH to make you a fair dinkum copy of one of these things for the same price.:o