I Forge Iron

Has Anyone Got...

Looks like a tin knockers tool, or sheet metal tool.

Ya but it looks like they completely mushroomed and deformed the one end.
Weird looking tool though - can't tell where it would mount to a bench or anvil.
The section that looks like a foot does have a slight flange around it but it doesn't look like enough to keep it stable if you're pounding on it.
Truth be told .. I got nuthin' :blink:

Anyone else?

To me it's patently clear that what you see before you is a thingimabob number 5, I'm surprized at your obvious 'lack of knowledge and/or apreciaton' :P
In my army days the instructors would have responded "Dumb Question Sit!" so it's possibly a DQS5?

My goodness Sam, where do you find these things? Please do'nt stop looking--I find this sort of tool facinating, in truth it looks like it might be some sort of shoemakers tool that has been abused at some point?
Ian

If you carry it across the shop and put it to work then it`s "exactly the right tool for the job".
If you throw it back in the drawer/box/bucket/truck then it`s more useless junk.
With the properly applied modification techniques I find most anything from the second category can be magically transformed into something from the first. :)