I Forge Iron

looking for new products for ren fare

ime going to be doing the ren fare in arizona again this year and am trying to find new items to catch the eye of the fickle public .. i currently am makeing a fairly large variety of items like eating utensils, cooking utensils , potracks,chandeliers ,thors hammer,crosses,campfire tripods,throwing axes(tommahawks),daggers,swords,candle holders,fireplace tools,axes, along with hooks and hangars of various types.but most of my products arnt ren specific.any ideas out there ? pictures please!

Given the "Ren" theme,one thinks of old European ironwork,one of my favorite periods to pilfer the design elements from.One experiment loosely based on such below.
Not entirely satisfying the way it came out(overworked,somehow),but perchance something can be made out of the great differentiation of mass in similar vein.Maybe just a widely peened area offsetting a maximally drawn-down one,and a faceted ball,this time.
This one is 5/8" round.

post-3679-0-77116500-1289062737_thumb.jp

How is your Ren Faire down there? The one in Las Vegas is more of a mis mash of costumed folks; Renaissance, fairies, ninjas, mad max, Celts, pirates, etc. The Ren Faire I went to in N.CA was an actual village built into the Black Point forest,and it was like walking into the middle ages. Something hard to replicate here in the desert.

Something I would suggest is making correct items for the various groups/guilds/clans. I saw a lot of hanging firepots made from washing machine drums :blink:

With Christmas coming up I would think smaller items that could be given as gifts would do well. We just had our local pomegranate festival, and a lot of folks were doing their Christmas shopping. Handmade soaps were selling well. Maybe you should look into some jewelery like bracelets, necklace pendants, etc. A lot of women are into the costuming , so don't forget items that they may like.

How is your Ren Faire down there? The one in Las Vegas is more of a mis mash of costumed folks; Renaissance, fairies, ninjas, mad max, Celts, pirates, etc. The Ren Faire I went to in N.CA was an actual village built into the Black Point forest,and it was like walking into the middle ages. Something hard to replicate here in the desert.

Something I would suggest is making correct items for the various groups/guilds/clans. I saw a lot of hanging firepots made from washing machine drums :blink:

With Christmas coming up I would think smaller items that could be given as gifts would do well. We just had our local pomegranate festival, and a lot of folks were doing their Christmas shopping. Handmade soaps were selling well. Maybe you should look into some jewelery like bracelets, necklace pendants, etc. A lot of women are into the costuming , so don't forget items that they may like.

well this isnt bad as far as authentic stuff goes parts are fairies pirates wanta bee wizards ans such but they have a croft section thats fairly accurate for its time.. ime looking for maybee a pendant dezign or to i already make small fredrics crosses and thors hammers .. bolth sell well also sell leaf keyrings along with a few other dezigns also make bottle openers that go ok..i am makeing about 10 different hooks so plenty of those ..just trying to figure what will sell.i make tripods and even made a viking style (replica out of book) along with a hand forged cauldron..Kinda expencive tho (hundreds of rivets) made a axe yesterday ime hopeing it will go there .. well thanks for the ideas so far..

post-3127-0-08441100-1289175077_thumb.jp