I Forge Iron

125Amp Sub Panel (electrical help-me)

Avadon

I used to install dish network locally and one of my customers used the pink foam board to insulate his floors. the foad boards used were appoximatly 2 inches think. I couldn't hear anything from inside th ehouse and my helper couldn't hear me screaming from right under him. how do i know i was right under him...he drilled a hole for the cable wire and his bit has just come through the floor about 5 inches from my head. so i screamed at him ...he never heard me even after he stopped drilling. foam board if thick enough does well as a soundproofing

Towel please.
*wipe egg off face*

Phil

? Que ? Don't know why you would have egg on your face unless you were finishing breakfast.

You were right closed cell insulation isn't good for sound proofing. It's the open cell insulation that is as good or better than fiberglass batt's. Of course I don't know, until I talk to a pro as to whether it's the insulation to stop my type of noise. Mostly the noise I'm trying to barrier is angle grinder, compressor, and anvil/sheet metal work. I would say that's fairly low noise except for the sheetmetal work which can be kinda tinny. (i just made up that word lol)

One thing I figured out is that from looking at my pics that the roof doesn't have any insulation in it. So the first thing will be to fiberglass insulate the roof. Then I can start on the wall that faces my neighbor which is the most important wall. Than the side walls. The back wall i'm least worried about as that would be the wall if I were to ever expand the garage rearward (adding depth) to the shop. B)