I Forge Iron

Hello and help.... from Az

jeeperaz

All,

My name is Larry. I'm from Phoenix, Az.

I'm actually a leatherworker and am here in hopes of learning more about how to stamp(or create) brass and copper rivet heads... with my own logo or company name. I'm not sure where to browse for similar topics... so if anyone has any pointers please show me the direction.

In the mean time, I'll poke around the various sub-forums.

Seems like a great place so far!

Regards,
Larry

All,

My name is Larry. I'm from Phoenix, Az.

I'm actually a leatherworker and am here in hopes of learning more about how to stamp(or create) brass and copper rivet heads... with my own logo or company name. I'm not sure where to browse for similar topics... so if anyone has any pointers please show me the direction.

In the mean time, I'll poke around the various sub-forums.

Seems like a great place so far!

Regards,
Larry

Depends on a number of things. Do you have a stamp? Are you going to want to do dozens, or hundreds? One size or many? You could have a stamp made, drop the rivet in a block of steel with a hole in it, set the stamp on it and whomp it with a hammer. Is that what you have in mind?

Depends on a number of things. Do you have a stamp? Are you going to want to do dozens, or hundreds? One size or many? You could have a stamp made, drop the rivet in a block of steel with a hole in it, set the stamp on it and whomp it with a hammer. Is that what you have in mind?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind. I don't yet have a stamp as I wasn't sure what exactly is involved or needed. I'll be using roughly a dozen rivets a day.

Is it really as simple as a stamp and a hammer?

I uploaded an example pic of something similar to what I want to achieve. The rivet washers I use are 3/8" diameter.

Is a stamp for this type of thing something I should be able to source easily? I found this place via this forum... http://columbiamt.com/CMT-Main/