I Forge Iron

half-back hunter

antigoth24

There are some appealing features in your piece as well as some proportional issues that provide some avenues for refinement in your next work. The sheath artwork is very nice but the stitching method to my eye detracts from your beautiful designs. Personally I would prefer stitching that does not wrap over the edge of the sheath. The ricasso of the knife seems a bit long, and the guard/handle transition could be smoother. The handle depth from top to bottom seems a bit narrow in proportion to the blade. I like the blade shape and the plunge area.I do not know how many knives you have made; please see this as constructive commentary because I see elements of greatness in your work and look forward to seeing what you do next! Steve

There are some appealing features in your piece as well as some proportional issues that provide some avenues for refinement in your next work. The sheath artwork is very nice but the stitching method to my eye detracts from your beautiful designs. Personally I would prefer stitching that does not wrap over the edge of the sheath. The ricasso of the knife seems a bit long, and the guard/handle transition could be smoother. The handle depth from top to bottom seems a bit narrow in proportion to the blade. I like the blade shape and the plunge area.I do not know how many knives you have made; please see this as constructive commentary because I see elements of greatness in your work and look forward to seeing what you do next! Steve

no offense taken! i always appreciate constructive criticism but this is about my 7th knife and I do agree about the ricasso and the stitching but i wanted to make sure the edges where the leather met were tight and not going to move. for some reason my brain told me outside stitching would be stronger then "inside" so I'm going to try that on the next knife but the handle was originally intended to be wider but I'm still in the making from scrap stage so it was what i had that wasn't warped or cracked but the design is so that you have total control over the fore and back edge either way you hold it. thanks for looking and all the great comments!

I really dig it. I'm a big fan of oddly proportioned knives; the strange shapes and wonky lines gives them character!

thanks sceptis! normally im always for exact proportions (at last in my head ;) ) which is probably why i hated this knife in its first stages but i really love it now it gives a kind of natural feel when its in your hand