I Forge Iron

Dad's on life support

Steve Sells

After an Angioplasty Thursday my dad developed complications, speech slurred, and hard to form cohesive sentences. went back to Hospital after his temp reached 103F. I was called in from work Monday morning, he was not expected to last much longer, was very gray and not able to breath, pulse at 152 with very low BP, before losing consciousness he begged the doctors to let it end, he said doesn't want to live this way... (he does have a living will) he is now on a respirator and stable. He was stabilized with in the 2 hours it took me to drive to the hospital His temp is still 103F.

I am holding up much better than the rest of the family, and I have managed to remain clean.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A prayer from me Steve!!Sounds like your dad has more than a fighting chance and maybe a few prayers might tip the scales!!! You folks sent a lot my Mother in Law's way this week. Margaret has refused all further medication and is getting ready for her end of this leg of the trip. All three kids are there and her hand is being held 24 hours a day. Thanks again to all of you..... Eric Sprado

update: My Dad is on 25% respiratory support 75% of his breathing is by his own lung (yes, he has only one) The culture from the fluids they removed from his lung show he has a resistant strain of MRSA, a form that is highly infectious, but he is conscious and communicate now. I plan to go to see him later today.