I Forge Iron

Life Goes On...........

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayin for you both. The crosses that we bear in life tend to weigh us down. Don't forget that there are others out here who care.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

PTLOMS

Mark<º))><

I remember reading a list of your chances of dying from doing various things in life and it had all of these odds but the one that was true of everyone no matter what was the chance of dying, 1 in 1 for everyone. I get to thinking about my doctor being on my case all the time, yeah, I want to have a longer life but I am going to die no matter what is done for me medically. I do feel better since I have changed my diet, but my pain level has not gone down, my jaws as still clenched in pain, my ankles don't hurt as bad, my feet don't hurt as bad, but I still can't stand at an anvil and forge iron, I can't pour bronze, but I can make some jewelry. Sometimes it seems if most all of the joy of life is gone, what is the point of just suffering for the joy of suffering. I know folk who will put their mother or father through Hell to have them live one more day when there is no long term out look for any more life other than another day of Hellish pain. And for what? Another day of Hellish pain. My own father asked me before he totally lost it not to make him suffer through that with his cancer, I didn't let the doctors talk my family into that kind of crap, I told them we were a God fearing family and had the hope of the life after death and the resurrection in Christ. The doctors acted accordingly and gave him the best care to bring his life to a dignified conclusion. The same with my mother at her death. I hope for the same with my death. I have a one in one chance of dying just like all of us and I want to do all that my body is capable of doing until it can't anymore and then I want to die with peace and dignity without a whole bunch of tubes and needles stuck in me. If loosing this one hundred pounds will accomplish that, then that's is my goal, not to make me live longer. God has numbered our days, He knows the number of hairs on my head and the teeth in my mouth and He will walk with me till the end, Praise His Name! :D

Bentiron your words touch me. We are both struggling on different paths and yet we find joy in simple ways day to day. Like you, I find some of my biggest joy comes from making things.

One thing I have learned about this life- no one gets out alive! I am not afraid of death or dyeing. I have seen to much lately too be. What I am afraid of is dying without dignity and suffering to the bitter end. I hope you continue to find joy and the joy out ways the pain. Another thing I have learned- Tomorrow in another day and with it comes the ultimate in possibilities. I'm not a "god" fearing man but I do believe in a power bigger than me and to that I send a blessing for you. Be well!

• 1 month later...

Well here I am after one full year on Weight Watchers and I am 1.4 pounds away for having lost 70 pounds and I keep bouncing back and forth with it. One week I near and the next I have gone up a pound and half, been like that for a month or more. I just am having a hard time getting to the seventy pound mark. After that just another thirty to go!! :o

Congratilations on your accomplishment! That was no easy task. My youngest just graduated with a degree in nutrition and has caused me to lose 28 lbs thru better food choices and smaller portions. It is not an easy road. You have done great, don't lose the fight!

Mark <><