I Forge Iron

Knife patterns?

Not sure what you mean for a pattern. I just draw up different shapes that I like.

You can print out a picture off the computer, and use that as a pattern, if it is in a profile.

Maybe look on a site like Frost Cutlery, or knife manufacturers to find different designs that you like.

There are sooooo many knife designs, and not every knife feels good in the hand for everybody, so just make what feels/looks good to you.

Exactly what are you looking for? You just want a profile drawing of that blade and handle? If that's all you're looking for, I'll custom make you one for, oh, $50?

I'm just kidding. But seriously: get a pencil and a pad of paper, and start sketching. That's about as fancy as the patterns get around my place.

There is a book of knife projects out there that has a number of different blades in it that could provide patterns.

Won't be able to look for my copy till late next week as my library and myself are not sharing hemispheres right now.

Remind me then if someone doesn't cough it up sooner? Like me: abebooks.com to the rescue!

Custom Knifemaking: 10 Projects from a Master Craftsman (ISBN: 0811721752 / 0-8117-2175-2)
Tim McCreight

They show several copies for sale starting around $10 + $4 shipping

• 2 months later...