I Forge Iron

still looking for anvil

Ideally the early bird gets the worm. I've brought home some really good deals from other blacksmiths, bringing back half a truckload from the conference in Kentucky for instance. That load even included a power hammer. True, some blacksmiths like to charge retail prices for their wares, but there are also some that like to share as well. I would be in the latter group. If I have something you need, chances are I would sell it for a reasonable price. If you would describe your ideal anvil or one that would suit your needs and your budget, I may have one. I've got four or five laying in the shop. Some are nicer than others.Most are in the 115-125lb range. I've got a sawyers anvil. Peter Wrights, Hay Budden, Mouseholes, post vices and other related equipment to sell at the conference. I've got a 426 lb Peter Wright that I may be willing to part with as well. Just let me know what you need and I can scout out the sale early.

If Dashand isn't interested in either anvil, I would not mind cutting a deal. Steve

would do you have to offer?

i am looking for something in the 150 to 200 lb range, but might go smaller or larger....

Ideally the early bird gets the worm. I've brought home some really good deals from other blacksmiths, bringing back half a truckload from the conference in Kentucky for instance. That load even included a power hammer. True, some blacksmiths like to charge retail prices for their wares, but there are also some that like to share as well. I would be in the latter group. If I have something you need, chances are I would sell it for a reasonable price. If you would describe your ideal anvil or one that would suit your needs and your budget, I may have one. I've got four or five laying in the shop. Some are nicer than others.Most are in the 115-125lb range. I've got a sawyers anvil. Peter Wrights, Hay Budden, Mouseholes, post vices and other related equipment to sell at the conference. I've got a 426 lb Peter Wright that I may be willing to part with as well. Just let me know what you need and I can scout out the sale early.

Thanks BigJohn,

i am looking for 150-200lb HB or PW, but if i can make a good deal on a 125 HB or PW, i may be interested. i still need lots of stuff. i have at present a leg vise and a blower that i found locally. the blower needs to be opened up and cleaned out and get some fresh lube.

all the local anvils i have seen thus far dont seem to have a flat spot on them.

obvious needs are tongs, hammers, and a forge/firepot.

central arkansas doesnt seem to be a hot spot for blacksmithing, but that is why i am posting here...

I forgot...

what might you want for the big 426#PW?

I did not convey my meaning properly: Smiths often have "decent" prices on anvils; but I'm a notorious *cheapskate*!

You might check if he is going by your area on the way to the conference and see if you could pick out and pay for one where you only have to haul it from the interstate exit to your house---give you more weight allowance if you go on to the conference as well...