They never found their art

divermike

They never found their art

When I was young and people spoke,
Of things I could not comprehend,
Why many people bespoke bitterness and anger,
High handed complaint, abusive demand.

I felt awash in frustration, left to wring my hands,
The inner child hurt, the outer confused.
How could these angry people,
Spend their hours and seconds, so poorly used.

I prayed for understanding,
Pleading with all my heart,
The answer was slow in coming,
“They never found their art!”

And now I bless that fateful day,
Though late in life my art was found,
I will happily forge the red hot steel,
Until they rest me, in the ground.

Excellent writing!You express your thoughts well.

I have come to believe there are 3 things which must be balanced in order to become a complete and fulfilled individual;
The physical body must be maintained thru proper diet and healthy activity.
The mind needs an outlet to express our creative side and to feel we are contributing something of lasting value for ourselves and others.
The soul must be allowed to reach it`s full potential thru the ability to express our spirituality and feel the connection to something larger than ourselves.

Finding and expressing our "Art" may just be another name for finding that balance and making ourselves whole .
The frustration we experience in ourselves and others may just be disappointment at our inability to step outside our ego and ourselves.

Thanks all,
I wondered many times at the bitterness of some, and when I found blacksmithing, it was like a hole in my soul was filled, that I did not even know existed. I now know that if I had not found it, something would have been missing, and at the end of my life, I would have had some regrets, and I now encourage all I can, to seek that which is pleasing, thus the extreme happiness at finding this site, and my brethren in the art. Just look at how it effects all the other parts of your life, like now I am writing poetry, go figure....

Thanks all,
I wondered many times at the bitterness of some, and when I found blacksmithing, it was like a hole in my soul was filled, that I did not even know existed. I now know that if I had not found it, something would have been missing, and at the end of my life, I would have had some regrets, and I now encourage all I can, to seek that which is pleasing, thus the extreme happiness at finding this site, and my brethren in the art. Just look at how it effects all the other parts of your life, like now I am writing poetry, go figure....

All in all,you`re pretty inspirational.
For a lowly blacksmith. ;)