I Forge Iron

Ahh do you think letting us know WHERE you are would be a good first step to help his tell you where a local supply is?

Does it matter if it's high carbon steel or not? (or if it's suitable for forge welding?)

Otherwise look under wire rope in the Thomas catalog

Another possibility I'd check, maybe first is the local contractor who operates or works on dozers. Dozer winch cable often gets replaced because it lives a HARD life. A crane company is a possiblity but 1" might be on the large size unless they do serious lifting.

Of course either of those suggestions is FAR better than letting us know where you live. Seriously, think about it, someone living close with a couple hundred feet of said cable laying around just might be happy to give some away just to get shut of the clutter.:blink:

Frosty the Lucky.

I get cable from a local company that sells cable. I give them a knife every once in a while and they give me all I need. I got Kin folk outside of Cleveland GA, across from Jenny's Creek camp ground.

Call John Woodard at Pac Industrial in Seattle. Tell him I told you to call and what you plan to do and he put it in a box and ship it your way

there # is 206-682-2100

I have made them many cable knifes and they give me whatever I want out of the scrap, I used to work with John and he is a heck of a nice guy