I Forge Iron

for sale bull pneumatic forging hammer

• 2 weeks later...

I made a deal and bought this hammer today... Got it bought for $3250 shipping is $670 so less than $4000 to my door...

I am real interested to see how this compares to my dads 125lb bull. It looks like its got a much higher anvil to ram weight ratio and I am curious to see the affects of mounting the cylinder inside the tup

The seller informed me that the guy replaced this with a pair of Big Blu hammers... My guess is that a 110lb Big Blu is not going to do much more work than the 75lb Bull... Anyway... I'll keep you all posted. Probably going to be several weeks before she shows up at the shop..

The seller informed me that the guy replaced this with a pair of Big Blu hammers... My guess is that a 110lb Big Blu is not going to do much more work than the 75lb Bull... Anyway... I'll keep you all posted. Probably going to be several weeks before she shows up at the shop..

You just couldn't resist, could you? :) Where is it shipping from Larry?

• 1 month later...

You just couldn't resist, could you? :) Where is it shipping from Larry?

Sorry David, I didnt see the post.... It came from Louisiana, I got it on Thursday. Not a bad deal, Shipping was less than I expected so $3150 delivered to my door....

I put air to it and played with it a bit, I think it will make a fine texture and tooling hammer....

What I really need to do is spend some time trying to get the KA-150 working right..

Wish I could find deals like that. Buy it for 3250 and its delivered for 3150. Larry ya just live right.
Ken.

Well.... So the whole story is I paid $3250 for it... I wired the guy the dough and then a few days passed and he called me and said "we have a problem" They where suppose to take delivery of there two new Big Blu hammers that week but for some reason delivery got held up.... so they ask me if they could "rent" the hammer back from me for two weeks for $500 (since it technically was now mine)... I said "tell you what, the shipping is $670... If you pay the shipping you can keep it for three weeks"....

So they sent me a check for $670.... And then the shipping was cheaper than quoted... Just over $500... So I actually ended up with the machine at my door for less than I paid for it.....

It had some issues, I spent a couple of days rebuilding all the mechanism... welded up all the pivot holes and drilled them back to size, replaced all the shoulder bolts, I added a 4" thick 3' X 3' base to the bottom end to add a thousand pounds of anvil weight... And I think she is ready to work....