I Forge Iron

smithsonium museum

WOW! Those might make some really nice swage blocks alright. Wonderful textures and bowl shapes! That might be some pretty hard alloy too... though the heat treatments might have been a bit extreme! Don't any of you guys get any ideas about pounding on such things today... they are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!! You could sell one and build a NEW shop and stock it with a complete set of Nimba anvils! Then retire on the interest and go to work in your new shop!

A herrador by the name of Ramon Pacheco. I guess that he found it better than beating on a rock! Just think at that time period Mexicans weren't illegals when they came from Magdalena de Kino to the Presidio in Tucson, it was still part of Mexico until the ratification of the Gadsden Purchase in 1854, and with all the conflict in the Senate over the slave issue the United States could have purchased more of Mexico than that because Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón(do think his friends just called him Tony?) was eager to sell land for cash so he could rebuild his army. We could have had all of Baja, Sonora and all of the other Mexican states on the southern boarder with the US. Gosh! What a mess that would have been but I digress from the herrador who found the meteor and used it for an anvil. :P