I Forge Iron

FAVORITE SAFETY GLASSES...

I have a full face shield I use for grinding and painting ceilings... but I haven't painted a ceiling in a while. Otherwise my prescription glasses are made of a safety type plastic, and sadly quite thick. I should order a set of safety frames with side shields when I get new glasses.
Phil

although most of what people consider to be safety gear now is mostly a stylish compromise, and untill, as some of you im sure have had, wether some wish to admit or not...you have had to be driven to the doctor and had the odd shard removed from the surface of the eye with a dental probe..( oh joy! ) .. if asked, i will always suggest full wrap or full face, and mention that what ever comes of at 8000 rpm or flicks off hot, which part of you face would you like it not to go to..

i use the yellow tint specs large lens, for forging,... i use the ones that look like under water type goggles for gringing and die griding, and sometimes, the ever faithfull half helmet and full face shield. the gromet wears the paintball type goggles and face shield combo, and has had two high speed abr. disks blow up in his face, with no ill effect.

• 1 month later...