I Forge Iron

Questions on 2 anvils

I was hoping someone might be able to help me ID this anvil. I don't have much info on it yet, but it looks like it's in decent shape and is on a fairly heavy stand. Any ideas on it's make and any guesses on the weight? I'm trying to find out more information on it, but this is all I have right now.

Also, what would a fair price be for a broken anvil in the second picture? It still has a decent surface to do some hammering on. Would 20 cents a pound be about right for something like that?

I appreciate the help. I hope to find out more details on the first one in a few days.

Thanks.

post-11274-12686989887633_thumb.jpg

post-11274-12686994683245_thumb.jpg

I bought a traditionally forged anvil with a good face, fair horn and heel broken off at the hardy for US$40 once it's over 100 pounds and the maker was close to my name POWE--- is all I can make out. It's my loaner anvil!

BTW I do not consider that a "sturdy" stand for the first anvil and expect a stump would give you a better one.

BTW I do not consider that a "sturdy" stand for the first anvil and expect a stump would give you a better one.

Good Morning All
I agree with Mr. Powers. I believe your stand is the bottom of a cream separator. Mount a cast iron or stamped steel tractor/implement seat on your stand and you will have a nice low stool for your spectators.
-grant