I Forge Iron

Any Idea what this was?

post-4999-12676435961854_thumb.jpgpost-4999-12676436155094_thumb.jpgpost-4999-12676436342795_thumb.jpg

I found four of these in a skip a couple of years ago: they link together like jigsaw pieces to form a ring 1 metre wide. They are flame cut from 50mm steel plate and welded to each of the male jigsaw parts is one of those lifting eyes that are usually attached to electric motors etc. When I found them they were clean and not rusted, so had been used in a dry environment. I've been cutting them into 6'' long chunks with the donkey saw, they come in quite useful.

post-4999-12676435961854_thumb.jpgpost-4999-12676436155094_thumb.jpgpost-4999-12676436342795_thumb.jpg

I found four of these in a skip a couple of years ago: they link together like jigsaw pieces to form a ring 1 metre wide. They are flame cut from 50mm steel plate and welded to each of the male jigsaw parts is one of those lifting eyes that are usually attached to electric motors etc. When I found them they were clean and not rusted, so had been used in a dry environment. I've been cutting them into 6'' long chunks with the donkey saw, they come in quite useful.

Sam- When I read "donkey saw", the electric hacksaw was the first thing that popped into my mind because of the sound it makes. Good one.

Looks like what you have is a very heavy jigsaw puzzle. Maybe someone had trouble getting their kids to sleep at night and would get them to work this puzzle at bedtime? Who knows? Main thing is that it's yours now, and there's a bunch of steel in that thing.

Happy hammering!