I Forge Iron

December 3-5 2010 => Forged Projects with Brian Brazeal

Brian is coming back to Virginia for another class!!!!!!!!!!!!! This time it is a 3 day class on all the cool small items we see him posting here!

December 3-5 2010 => Forged Projects with Brian Brazeal

Class Description:
This class will offer instruction on everything from forge welding to riveting and the fundamentals of forging. This class will allow all levels of blacksmiths to gain new project ideas and further practice of Brian's unique techniques learned from Alfred Habermann. You will make things from rings and other jewelry to horse heads, crosses, hearts, and MUCH MUCH more! You will no doubt be blown away by the insight and ability you will gain from this class!

This will be one of the best classes to take this year because of how much can be done in just three days!

You can register at the school website: http://www.yesteryearschool.com

Peyton

Cool! :D

I think this is going to be a really fun class. I am running it first here to give all the IFI guys a chance to check their schedules for it and possibly sign up before the general public...

I am really looking forward to Brian coming back to the school. I do not think I have ever learned as much in such a short amount of time on so many different techniques and ways of forging in my life. I hope to have that again! I may even have to be "sick" on that Friday to to soak in a little bit more!

Peyton

Karen here...
Peyton, we look forward to the class and hanging out with all of you. It should be a fun and productive class with folks going home with some lovely Christmas gifts and some new forging skills, it's a win win!

Gerald,
We will look forward to seeing you also, sorry we missed you last time.

• 2 weeks later...

Karen here...
Peyton, we look forward to the class and hanging out with all of you. It should be a fun and productive class with folks going home with some lovely Christmas gifts and some new forging skills, it's a win win!

Gerald,
We will look forward to seeing you also, sorry we missed you last time.

Karen,
Where will you and Brian be for Memorial Day Weekend?

Karen,
Where will you and Brian be for Memorial Day Weekend?

Karen here...
Everyone who is anyone knows, we will be at the Mississippi Forge Council Conference at the Ag Museum in Jackson Mississippi, where my darling husband will be demonstrating as well as teaching a two day class.
I will be at his beck and call, unless I am enjoying some lovey wine and cheese and he can't find me.
Hey Jim, perhaps I can be your roving reporter.
Love ya man!

Karen here......
Peyton,
I wanted to mention that as much as Brian did learn some things from Professor Habermann, most of what Brian knows about forging he taught himself before he was even aware of that there were blacksmithing groups. He learned by doing and watching what the metal does when you heat it and hit it. His skill comes from practicing the steps it takes to make something. Professor Habermann saw Brian demonstrate at the CBA conference in 2004 and invited him to Austria.
This is a point Brian would not make but I will.
Love you too man!