I Forge Iron

Howdy from East Texas

andrewbranch06

Hello to everyone. My name is Andrew and I live in Hallsville, TX (east of Dallas, about 45 minutes from Shreveport). I have always been interested in blacksmithing / bladesmithing but I have never tried it. I am interested in classes and any information I can get on starting in this hobby. Any ideas?

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI!
YAHOO!!! a neighbor! and close too! (check your emails!)
Andrew, you will find this to be the best site for anything metal related. It will take days to read all the info hear, both current and in the archives. Just make sure someone knows where you are...you can get lost in here! There is also a fantastic gallerey to see although at the present we can't add any pictures....new updates an all for the site has got some things on hold.... Anyway, welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
1 hour ago, Charles Adkins said:

I live in Shreveport and am looking for a persons that does forging.

Welcome to IFI!   Please note that you just replied to a ten-year-old post from someone who put up the one post and never commented again. Chances you'll get a reply seem slim, but there are other folks on the forum who might be interested in connecting.

If you hover your mouse pointer over Andrews name on the left side of screen, you will see that he has not returned to IFI since 4 weeks after posting this, so I would not  get to excited about getting an answer anytime soon

Gee whiz!!!

you would think they would take it down!

i just thought I could find someone here.

sorry to have bothered y’all.

Thanks for the update.

Charles

4 hours ago, JHCC said:

Welcome to IFI!   Please note that you just replied to a ten-year-old post from someone who put up the one post and never commented again. Chances you'll get a reply seem slim, but there are other folks on the forum who might be interested in connecting.

Thanks for the information.

Hey! I don’t know the guy I’m just looking for someone to make some double pot rack hooks.

stay safe, Charles 

Check out that ABANA affiliate; they will generally know folks in the state who smith and might be able to do a job.

The archives for this site go way back; probably so information doesn't get lost. (And so we can point out to people that their question has already been answered several hundred times before so a simple search would save the typing!)

Remember too that this site does not have paid workers; all of it is on a volunteer basis. Going back to sift through stuff and separate the wheat from the chaff is not a  use case for volunteer moderators or the person who so graciously supports the entire set of forums in the first place!