I Forge Iron

Anyone know what type of engine this is

My grandfather gave this to me about ten years ago before he died and I got it running and it runs great. But I have no idea what it is there are no names on it at all except on the magneto. Any help would be appreciated.

I consulted the expert (my Dad).... he said to make a positive ID he needs to see governor weights and the head/valve area... So good shots of those sides would help...

There is a web site that has dozens of these old engines listed with pictures and manufactures names, I had it bookmarked once but sure can't find it now. There are several regional clubs that specialize in these types of engines, all the way from Japan to Germany, all points in between. I used to have a big old single piston engine with a big cooling tank on top, with a wide belt/flywheel, the entire thing was over 4' tall. Went missing in a move, some folk will steal anything, this was back in '60.

My grandfather gave this to me about ten years ago before he died and I got it running and it runs great. But I have no idea what it is there are no names on it at all except on the magneto. Any help would be appreciated.

Check with " oldengine.org ". This is a club out of Sandwich IL. Sandwich Illinois was an early manufacturing center for small motors. These guys have an excellent show at the fairgrounds by the way.