Trenton List

pkrankow

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, BenRufenacht said:

There is a lot of info about Trenton in Anvils in America. I would find a copy of the book if you want to learn more.

You got a steal of a deal on that anvil.

Ok thanks I´m gonna try to find it!!!

I just aquired a Trenton Anvil ............ Left  marking (107) ... It weighs 113 lbs............ Right marking (A 15608 or A 50681) ..... Looks like the predominate marking is  A 15608.................... Could you let me know what year this Trenton was born............ I am thinking 1900 from what I have read here ........... 

Thanks from ............... DCS ................. Huntsville, Alabama ..................

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is 156#. I bought it locally from a guy for just under $3.50 a pound. I feel as though that was a good deal. I can’t find the picture of the serial number but before I was a member here I browsed through this post until I pretty well had it figured to be made in 1903. 

019CD66C-2B9C-4D3A-85E4-3379E0F0308C.jpeg

Not sure if I’m in right area,, butt I found this sight and have been learning tons, I’m new at this all always wanted to learn forging and shaping.

i just picked up a Trenton anvil, the price was fantastic, all I had to do was empty five freezers of food that had been in each for  20 years and haul to the dump.  I am with a truck bed full of black glad bags full of meat, bleeding leaking out my tail gate, due to the heat of the day, all I could think of is they would think I had bodies in bags at the dump.

i included some pictures, granted I’m real green with this sight, just found it, but hoping someone could see numbers and clue me in on a few things about my new Trenton?

thanks for looking, look forward to more time on here, that’s for sure.

DD35BBFB-A3A6-4B8B-809E-F7E6FAA40FE2.jpeg

8F1DDFD3-7A89-44B5-B198-BCD4FE557781.jpeg

5CB76573-006C-47F1-AA76-0D58840476CC.jpeg

Edited by Hvychve
Poor grammer

Welcome aboard, If you would please READ THIS FIRST  It will help you get the best out of the forum, with tips like editing your profile to show your location, as so many answers require knowing where in the world you are located. Other tips on doing the best search and some may help flying under the moderators radar.:)

A good looking Trenton and a fantastic deal. The number 245 is the weight in pounds as when it was made + or- a little. The other number is the serial number and I bet someone with a copy of AIA will be along to let you know about when it was made.

I hope you have read about not doing any grinding, milling or welding on the hardened face.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone date an old Trenton with the serial number A101162? If possible to include what materials it was made of during that time? What would the value of something like this be? I do need an anvil for function, not aesthetics or an ornament. Will likely buy new for the same price. 

Having trouble uploading a picture. Here is a link to reddit where I have uploaded a picture and received one answer, hoping to verify if the answer is correct. 

Found this in my local classifieds in Alberta, Canada. Face is surprisingly flat still, but slightly bumpy. Some chips on the edges of the face but still in decent shape considering age. I was only able to take one picture because my battery was at 1%. Can try to upload pics from the ad. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 12.44.21 PM.png